· MSM Plus (+) (Medicine Man) — Take 2 twice a day. For inflammation of the joint. Helps reestablish the cartilage and other gel-like material between joints. Helps the “wear-and-tear” to repair. Supports connective tissue. Promotes cell hydration. Enhances smooth and easy movement in joints. Reduces morning stiffness. Attracts water into cartilage matrix and stimulates the production of cartilage. Prevents enzymes from dissolving cartilage. Helps increase range of motion. Reduces pain. May be taken with Be Flexible (Medicine Man) for synergistic effect. ·
Be Flexible (Medicine Man) — 2 capsules twice a day (or may take all 4 at one dose). Contains Collagen II which is excellent for knee and hip pain. Reduces tenderness and discomfort. Helps in the collagen matrix synthesis. Accelerates repair of cartilage. Protects against cellular damage. Supports healthy, flexible joints. Controls inflammation. Helps joint membranes stay hydrated. Helps body fight inflammation. Improves the special cells called chondrocytes in the cartilage as well as the elasticity of collagen fibers. Collagen II research was done at Harvard Medical. ·
Joint Flex Ultra (HealthCare Supplements) — Take 3 tablets once a day, with a meal. Reduces inflammation and pain as well as helps restore wear and tear in cartilage. Inhibits both the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase pathways (COX-2 inhibitor) and inhibits the production of prostaglandins, thromboxane, and leukotrienes without any significant side effects ·
Joint Flex (HealthCare Supplements) — Take 2 tablets once a day, with a meal. Recommended to be taken with
Joint Flex Ultra (HealthCare Supplements) for added synergistic effect. ·
Complete Nutrients for Digestion (Medicine Man) — 1 capsule 3 times a day. Systemic enzymes are very active with active osteoarthritis. Improves mobility of knees. Reduces morning stiffness, pain on movement and tenderness on pressure. Good choice for long-term treatments. Reduces inflammation. Help dissolve thrombotic plugs (fibrin) thus allowing more oxygen to reach and revive the tissue cells. Improves blood flow bringing reparative agents to the scene. Helps remove dead tissue debris as well as lactic acid that accumulates from dead white blood cells. Reduces morning stiffness. ·
Coral Calcium (Japanese Okinawa) — 3 at breakfast and 3 for lunch. Improves pH levels to more normal 7.0-7.2 which reduces inflammation and enhances oxygenation of tissue. Acidic environments are much more conducive to pain and inflammation. ·
Complete Nutrients for Pain Relief (Medicine Man) — 2 every 6 hours as needed. Similar to SAMe — fast acting. Protects against aging by maintaining cellular “energy factories” called mitochondria. Restores cellular membrane fluidity. Protects against neuronal death caused by lack of oxygen. Provides methionine which is rich in sulfur. Sulfur is very important in maintenance of cartilage structures, especially proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. ·
Free Radical Support – 2 tablets once a day. Reduces oxidative damage associated with free radicals. Diminish pain. ·
Glucosamine Sulfate 750mg (Medicine Man) ---(Under 120 lbs.) take 1,000mg at one dose. (120 to 200 lbs.) take 1,500mg at one dose once a day. (over 200 lbs.) take 2,000mg once a day. If using the GS packets, take 1 pak (1,500mg) once a day in juice of choice. Stimulates cartilage repair. Body uses glucosamine to synthesize proteoglycans and the water-binding glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in the cartilage matrix. Inhibits certain enzymes that destroy cartilage (such as collagenase and phospholipase). Blocks the pathways that lead to articular degeneration. As effective in pain relieve as ibuprofen. ·
Inflammation Focus by HCA — Take 1 three times a day with meals. Provides COX-2 inhibition. Anti-pain. ·
Arthritis Focus (Health Care America)— Take 3 tablets once or twice a day, with a meal. Helps the body cope with pain associated with arthritis. Helps to increase motion that is compromised by arthritis. Fortifies cartilage and helps rebuild joint tissue involved in the formation of tendons, bones and ligaments. Inhibits pro-inflammatory mediators, such as leukotrienes, without irritation and ulceration of the stomach. Do not use this product if allergic to aspirin. ·
Flaxseed Oil — Take 1 tablespoonful once or twice a day. Helps strengthen cell membranes. Regulates prostaglandins and leukotrienes that are involved in inflammatory mechanisms. Suppresses the inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin E2. Suppresses the cytokines IL-1B and TNF-a which can cause degeneration of cartilage. Reduces arachidonic acid levels. Relieves tender joints and morning stiffness.
· PhytoDolor Liquid — 20-40 drops in favorite beverage. Take three or four times a day. Allow 2 to 4 weeks for best results. Dietary supplement for optimum muscle and joint function — without much stomach irritation. Perfect for those who have a hard time swallowing tablets. (Glucosamine + MSM also comes in a liquid form, if needed).
· Bromelain Complex (Medicine Man) -- 2 three times a day. Fights inflammation, pain, and swelling. Speeds recovery. Stimulates the immune system. May be used with any of the above regimens.
· Nettle Leaf (Urtica dioica) Extract ‑‑‑ 750mg three times a day. Inhibits COX‑2 and interferes with TNF‑a and IL‑1B activation of cartilage destroying enzymes. (Celebrex and Vioxx don't do that). TNF-a is a cytokine called tumor necrosis factor alpha. IL-1B is called interleukin one beta, also a cytokine that plays an essential role in cartilage destruction and inflammation process.
· Quercetin-C (Ecological Formulas) — Take 2 capsules twice a day. Helps to produce collagen and normal connective tissue. Powerful Free Radical Support (HealthCare Supplements). Better supply of oxygen to cells.
· Vitamin B6 50mg 1 three times a day, if needed for numbness, tingling, pain, stiffness or weakness in shoulders, arms or hands.
· Niacinamide 250mg ---1 four times a day with meals and at bedtime
· Pantethine Plus ( B5 Active) 300mg — Take 1 capsule two or three times a day. Acute deficiency of pantothenic acid can cause pronounced failure of cartilage growth.
Lifestyle: Stop wheat and dairy products for 7 days to see if a great improvement is experienced. Also avoid all simple, processed, and concentrated carbohydrates. Keep fat to a minimum. Support the bones and ligaments with good bone health, including such as
Ipriflavone Plus (Medicine Man) & Krebs Magnesium. Drink plenty of water since cartilage acts like a sponge which allows it to become more flexible and less agitated. Avoid chlorinated water. Use bottled, distilled, or well water. Eat more fruits and vegetables, particularly the green vegetables. It is preferred that 60% of diet be fruits and veggies. The cartilage contains no blood vessels or nerves and receives its nutrients by diffusion from the synovial fluid and from the bone. Therefore it is imperative to take a good therapeutic multiple such
Complete Nutrients for Men/Women that supplies a rich source of minerals and B-complex vitamins as well as vitamins A, zinc, copper, and boron needed to make and maintain cartilage. Copper for example, is important in the function of an enzyme called lysyl oxidase, which helps collagen bind with a protein called elastin. Joint function depends on the health of the cartilage in the joint. The shock absorber gel-like substance needs to stay well lubricated. Weight loss has a major effect on arthritis. See Weight Loss protocol for further techniques in weight reduction. Some natural
COX-2 inhibitors include ginger, tumeric, basil, nettle extract (used by Dr. Hippocrates thousands of years ago). Physical exercise often improves joint mobility and reduces pain accordingly. Walking and swimming being the best exercises. Eliminating the following foods may help: Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers, and tobacco. After a month or so, gradually reintroduce these foods one at a time to see if symptoms return.
Join The Medicine Man's Community of Extra-Ordinary HEALTH!
subscribe with your email below
Do you have a great story about this? Share it! We would love to hear your comments and experiences. Join us and become a part of a Naturally Healthy Community!
Become A part of The Medicine Man's Community of Extra-Ordinary HEALTH!
Robert's Formula for IBS and Tummy Troubles
Psalm 104:14 “ ...the herb is for the service of man...”
Genesis 1:29 “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”
Certainly we should heed God’s advice and eat the “seed of the herb” and the “fruit of the tree.” If God said it, that settles it, and we should believe it!
1. The Prescription – “The herb…”
2.The Plan – “…is for the service of
3.The Person – “…man.”